httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: ap_ac_config.h, os.h & ap_config_auto*.h
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:06:18 GMT

> Almost sounds like we need a solution similar to APR (with its HAVE_FOO
> and APR_HAVE_FOO). Have a header that defines AP_USE_HSREGEX separately
> from the other autoconf values. Does that seem right?

I've been argueing for this for about two months now.  Everytime it has
come up that Apache was leaking macros.  When I finally come around to
thinking that Apache may be okay without the AP_USE_HSREGEX type macros,
thigns change.  I should learn to stick to my guns.  :-)

I respectfully suggest that implementing AP_USE_HSREGEX should be done the
same way that APR did it, because it makes things much easier to
understand when porting the code.  Unfortunately, this will also break the
always use #ifdef rule.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.