httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix networkio.hsockaddr.c
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 02:49:28 GMT
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > Ahh, it's all becoming clearer now. I'll back this out.
> >
> > apr/lib/apr_snprintf.c was using #ifdef HAVE_NETINET_IN_H. Is this correct?
> > Shouldn't it be using the internal APR definition, #if HAVE_NETINET_IN_H?
> Yeah, it should be #if instead of #ifdef.  In this case, it really doesn't
> matter, except that it will match the rest of the def's.  If you are
> asking if it should use APR_HAVE_NETINET_H, the answer is no, that def is
> reserved for public header files.  I am not sure this is required, but it
> is conceivable that an internal file could need the header, but that
> platform decides it doesn't need to tell other programs that netinet/in.h
> is available.

If I understand correctly, this means we have three versions here:

1) HAVE_NETINET_IN_H, defined by Apache; for use by all Apache code
2) HAVE_NETINET_IN_H, defined by APR; for use "internally" by APR
3) APR_HAVE_NETINET_IN_H, defined by APR; for private use by the APR
   public header files

Can't we combine (2) and (3) by eliminating all uses of (2)? In other
words, the APR code uses #if APR_HAVE_NETINET_IN_H throughout.

Greg Stein,

View raw message