httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: How to build 2.0 with autoconf
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:12:22 GMT

I am responding to all three recent messages in this thread here.  All
three are about porting the autoconf build process to non-unix platforms.

1)  This is convincing me even more that autoconf is a bad thing.  :-)

2)  The way to solve all of these problems is to do what was done for
windows.  Create the header file that autoconf would have generated for
you.  This shouldn't be too hard to do.

3)  Why are we having this problem now?  My understanding was that Apache
2.0 has been building on BeOS, Mac OS X, and OS/390 for a while.  I know
we just changed the build process to require autoconf for Apache, but
autoconf has _always_ been required for APR.  I am trying to figure things
out here, not cause problems.  Is the reason we are having problems
because we are requiring version 2.13?  Do we really need to require that
version of autoconf, or can we make due with earlier versions?

Just questions,

Ryan

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, David Reid wrote:

> BeOS on PPC had similar problems with the highest common build being 2.12,
> but someone helped me out with a 2.13 build and it's fine now.  Highlights
> an interesting problem for non-unix platforms though doesn't it.  (Sorry to
> keep banging on about it...)
>
> d.

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.