httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Building Apache 2.0
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:07:42 GMT
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 12:54:17PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> >
> > Some of the most recent changes to the build method for Apache 2.0 have
> > broken the APACI configuration.  This means that you must use the new
> > autoconf build method.
>
> If we're not planning to fix the APACI configuration, then we should
> go ahead and eliminate it.

I suggest we leave it alone until we are sure the autoconf stuff is
finished to the point that we know it can handle non-unix paltforms.  I am
not convinced it can simply because it doesn't do it yet.

If we remove it, it can't be modified to work.  If we leave it alone and
David or I want to fix the APACI configure steps so they can work until
autoconf works properly, then we can.  Currently, I am without a good
computer for doing much development.  I am hoping to have this fixed by
the end of the day, but no gaurantees.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.