httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2000 19:46:57 GMT
> >    2. Unless there are any -1 votes, I say we commit Ryan's
> >       '-Ae' patch for HPUX.
>
> Be aware that -Ae has been added and removed several times in
> the past due to differences in installs and compiler versions.
> Check the mail archive for messages in 1996, 1997, and 1998.
>
> If you add it, you will need to test it as well.  I have no idea
> which state of brokenness should be preferred as the default.

As things stand now, I can't compile at all without -Ae on HPUX because of
long long variables.  I think if we can't compile without it, then we need
to add the -Ae option.  It doesn't get much more broken than not
compiling.  :-)

Thanks for the warning though,

Ryan

6209 H Shanda Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27609		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.