httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.10 and AIX 4.2
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 17:01:06 GMT
> > compiling with SHARED_CORE?  No garauntees that will work, but maybe gcc
> > needs doing that should assign 1 to using_shlib which should cause the
> > LD_LIBS stuff I mentioned earlier to happen.
>
>     Could you rephrase the second part of your last sentence?

I think I need some time off right now.  :-)  I'm sorry.  All I was
suggesting was that gcc on AIX might need SHARED_CORE, which would force
using_shlib to be set appropriately.  If they aren't using dynamic
modules, this is probably a bad idea.

I am concerned because I do not know of any bugs reporting this issue, and
I don't know when this was last modified.  I do know that I have had
Apache building on AIX 4.2.X a while ago without dynamic modules, but
using xlc.  I have never tried to use gcc on AIX.

What also bothers me is that if -ld is always needed, is xlc just putting
it on there automatically?

>     It looks like we need to force use_shlib=1 on this platform,
>     because the code in os/unix/os-aix-dso.c will always be
>     pulled in, thus requiring linking against libld.

I think I would rather no include the os-aix-dso.c code unless we are
either enabling mod_so or compiling with SHARED_CORE.  This seems to me to
be more intuitive.  If the server isn't compiled for dynamic module
support, then we shouldn't be including functions to support loading
libraries, IMHO.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd