httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Annoying unusual bug.
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:31:09 GMT

> Terminology alert: HTTPS (not SSL) uses 443, and is not tunneled over
> HTTP - its the other way around.

Okay, so I got a few things backwards.  :-)

Regardless, I have a patch, but in creating it, I realized that Apache 2.0
already had the default_port hook implemented.  Apache 1.3 doesn't have
this function.  I probably should have checked to make sure Apache 2.0 had
the same bug, but I didn't.  :-)

I am still not convinced a module hook is the right way to implement this,
but since it was already done, I am going to leave it alone for now.

The two implementations are almost equivalent, but I think the module hook
is overkill.  Just MHO.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd