httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Annoying unusual bug.
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:45:38 GMT

> > I don't know what integer should be returned, I know that each module will
> > have an opportunity to register their own port numbers.
>
> What I'm saying is that a protocol doesn't necessarily translate to a
> single port number.

But if a protocol doesn't translate to a specified set of port numbers,
then the port number is dynamic and needs to be sent to the client app.
The purpose of this patch is to realize that for any protocol tunneled
over http, there is a specified default port (eg SSL uses 443).  We do not
want to re-specify that port to the client app as long as it is the
default.  I think you are making things a bit too compicated here.  The
patch is coming soon so we can discuss specifics much easier.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd
RTP, NC 27709