httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES Configure
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:23:48 GMT
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Keith Wannamaker wrote:

> |In article <20000110213320.22789.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:
> | > jim         00/01/10 13:33:19
> | >
> | >   Modified:    .        STATUS
> | >                src      CHANGES Configure
> | >   Log:
> | >   Back out SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME=sl patch, thus
> | >   allowing HPUX builds to work again
> |
> | Sorry, I still do not understand why using .sl for the shared core
> | breaks anything for the module building. The .sl is required for
> | SHARED_CORE and should not harm other stuff. What exactly does it break?

The actual error messages are:

              -o httpd buildmark.o modules.o
modules/standard/libstandard.a  main/libmain.a  ./os/unix/libos.a
ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a lib/expat-lite/libexpat.a  -lm -lpthread
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   dir_module (data)
   action_module (data)
   status_module (data)
   negotiation_module (data)
   mime_module (data)
   cgi_module (data)
   includes_module (data)
   setenvif_module (data)
   config_log_module (data)
   userdir_module (data)
   autoindex_module (data)
   auth_module (data)
   alias_module (data)
   asis_module (data)
   imap_module (data)
   access_module (data)
   env_module (data)
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Please note, you MUST have --enable-shared=foo for at least one module to
see this problem.  I had forgotten this earlier today, and spent an hour
trying to re-create this problem unsuccessfully.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd
RTP, NC 27709