httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: time overhaul
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2000 19:49:00 GMT

I finally had a chance to look at the new time code.  In general, I like
it, but I have a few problems.

ap_now doesn't return ap_status_t.  Since gettimeofday does define some
errno values, and I am pretty sure the windows get time functions willl
have errno conditions, I don't like this.  Plus, it goes against the APR
design doc.

There are no ap_get_os_*time functions.

I have a fix for both of these problems, but I have no way to test them
because of problems with modules.c.  When I get the server compiling
again, I will commit my time changes.

The biggest difference to the core code, is that ap_now can't be used in
calls to other functions, if anybody has a real problem with this, speak
up now.

Ryan

> > ap_time_t is a scalar again, and can be used almost exactly like time_t
> > would be used -- except that it's 64-bits and in units of microseconds.
> >
> > ap_exploded_time_t is a structure containing all the human readable
> > fields.

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd
RTP, NC 27709