httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ap_current_time() is not intuitive
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 19:56:54 GMT
> > I agree 100% that FILETIME is the correct base format on Windows.  I
> > disagree that we should be storing the time_t format at all.  Storing it
> > is useless, because we have to check a bit every time regardless, and the
> > conversion routine is small and fast, and should be made inline as soon as
> > we start looking at making those types of changes.
>
> All right. Reread your last sentence and see if you can parse it. I
> couldn't :-)
>
> If the conversion is fast, then yah... skip caching the value.

Alright, the sentance was really really bad.  Hey, I'm a programmer, what
do you want from me.  Like I said, it's about four lines of code, it's one
bitshift, one bitwise OR, one subtraction and one division by a number
with a lot of zeros.  If this is inlined it should be VERY fast.  :-)

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd
RTP, NC 27709