httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Pool <>
Subject Re: Crypto laws & binaries
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:35:40 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Brian Havard wrote:

> Hi all,
>   Has anyone looked into the recent changes to US crypto law enough to answer
> the question, can I make an Apache+mod_ssl binary package available on
> without getting ASF into trouble?

My understanding (not being a US lawyer, mind you) is that your question
cannot be answered in the abstract; the government considers each case

>   I'd like to do so because it's quite big (3.4MB for the binary w/src) and
> my own server only has limited bandwidth.

We may be able to put it up on a well-connected machine in Australia if
that would help you.  Of course it still would be very interesting to see
whether it can be distributed from the US.

Martin Pool, Support Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990,
Linuxcare. At the center of Linux.

View raw message