httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix sendrecv.c
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2000 06:58:57 GMT
On 26 Jan 2000 stoddard@hyperreal.org wrote:

| stoddard    00/01/25 21:01:19
|
|   Modified:    src/os/unix iol_socket.c
|                src/lib/apr/network_io/unix sendrecv.c

Since you're working on apr stuff, There's one compile problem that stops
2.0 from building on at least Solaris 2.7. The "HAVE_SOCKLEN_T" #define is
not making it's way into src/lib/apr/include/apr_config.h. Solaris does
indeed have this typedef, and the lack of "#define HAVE_SOCKLEN_T 1" is
causing the !define at the bottom to kick in, redefining socklen_t, and
thus causing gcc to revolt in disgust:

gcc -DSOLARIS2=270 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS  -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
-D_REENTRANT -pthreads   -c -I../include -I../misc/unix apr_snprintf.c
In file included from apr_snprintf.c:77:
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:56: conflicting types for `socklen_t'
../include/apr_config.h:354: previous declaration of `socklen_t'
make[5]: *** [apr_snprintf.o] Error 1

The interesting thing is that, from looking at the config.status output,
the test for socklen_t was successful, but unfortunately, my
autoconf/header-fu is not at the level I'd like it to be, and after
looking at acconfig.h, aclocal.m4, and configure.in, I can't for the life
of me find the reason why HAVE_SOCKLEN_T isnt being put in apr_config.h
when autoheader generates it during the initial configure. Yes, I am using
GNU m4, and not /usr/ccs/bin/m4.

Thoughts?
/dale