httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Wannamaker" <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject RE: The 1.3.11 release (WIN32)
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:23:30 GMT
I made this change when I overhauled the way Apache finds it's .conf file.
If you have a valid ServerRoot directive at the top of the .conf file,
create_process will look up and set ap_server_root from this directive.

There should no longer be a registry key  "ServerRoot".
It was replaced with "Parameters/ConfPath", the only real unique
identifier for different Apache services running on the same box.

Are you using an older config file with the new release?  IIRC there was
a problem with the ordering of the ServerRoot on older conf files.

Also, perhaps you are using an older service entry.  You can try
apache -u -n <old_service_entry>
then
apache -i -n <new_service_entry> -f <full path to conf file, if not
./conf/httpd.conf>
and try it then.

Either way, the -d should not be in the call to create_process.

Keith Wannamaker
RTP NC, USA