httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy: proposal for v2.0
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:47:48 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> ...and then someone will come along later and want to add a forward proxy
> and then tat part will be convoluted and confusing.

Maybe.

> I really don't see the point in not supporting normal proxying.  A lot
> of people use it, despite its current problems.  I don't see how you can
> save that much implementation just by doing a reverse proxy, since to do
> that properly requires most of the work anyway, so you may as well design
> it so the whole thing works...

What I had in mind was an entirely new module. RFC 2616 calls a reverse
proxy a "gateway", so I figured I would copy the existing code to
mod_gateway and try a clean implementation, using the existing one as a
guide.

This way the existing module can stay for the people who need it, and
the new one won't step on any toes.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon