httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.11 Test Tarball Ready
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:09:07 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
>>
>> Do you not like the --enable-module=most enabling mod_mime_magic? I
>> actually think that's okay; that's what most is supposed to mean.
>
>Yes, I dislike this part.  IMHO, mmm should only be included
>with '=all' -- it's pretty close to experimental.  Well, not
>really -- but it can have a significant impact on the server,
>so I don't like it ever being enabled without the builder's
>explicit request and awareness for/of it.

Sounds like the consensus is that m_m_m should not be part of the binary
generated by binbuild.sh .  I will create a patch to remove m_m_m from the
--enable-module=most list;
that seems the most straightforward solution, in my inexperienced opinion.  An
option like --enable-module=almost-most seems silly, unless there's other
modules that should be removed from the binary distributions.
Suggestions/opinions?

Thanks, Greg A.