httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr configure.in
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2000 19:21:23 GMT
sascha@hyperreal.org wrote:

> sascha      00/01/16 10:20:57
>
>   Modified:    src/lib/apr configure.in
>   Log:
>   Inherit thread flags from Apache

This may not be quite the way to go (though I'm finding it slightly hard
to determine what is).

The issue is this: APR is supposed to be independent of Apache,
ultimately. However, it is necessary that it agrees with whatever it
links with about various compiler flags, including threading ones. There
needs to be a defined way for this to work, rather than Apache-specific
magic.

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html