httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <>
Subject 2.0 Build failure (socklen_t definition conflict)
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:25:26 GMT
I had been building just fine (using the old fashioned Configure/make)
until about 1:30 today.

At 1:30 I did a CVS update and have been unable to build since then
(either with Configure/make or with buildconf). The error I get is as

gcc -Wall -pthread -DNO_THREADS  -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -DUSE_HSREGEX  -O2 -g  -c -I../include
-I../misc/unix apr_snprintf.c
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:34,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
                 from apr_snprintf.c:74:
/usr/include/socketbits.h:33: conflicting types for `socklen_t'
../include/apr_config.h:358: previous declaration of `socklen_t'
make[3]: *** [apr_snprintf.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

I have run "make distclean", and I have manually cleared the apr directory
and run the build processes to no avail.

It seems that the configuration of apr is not properly setting

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

Paul J. Reder
"Remember, Information is not knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom;
Wisdom is not truth; Truth is not beauty; Beauty is not love;
Love is not music; Music is the best." -- Frank Zappa

View raw message