httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_digest.c mod_vhost_alias.c
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 22:19:03 GMT
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 05:46:08PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > On that note ... how do you actually get a module into Apache 2.0? I
> > tried to add mod_actions earlier today (./configure --enable-actions)
> > but it didn't seem to result in a server that understood Action.
>
> Hmm, weird. When you --enable-action, it should result in a new
> modules.c being generated, and mod_action.c being compiled into the
> server. Is there anything else that should be done that I missed? Are
> one of these two steps not happening?

I'm not sure what's missing - certainly configure said it was adding
actions. If it is expected to work, I'll look harder. Have you tried it?

> > Not sure I'm keen on that method of doing it, anyway.
>
> What do you suggest?

Well, I still like the Configuration file (only for specifying
modules'n'stuff) - having a command line a zillion miles long instead
seems like a poor deal.

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html