httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: install script and CGIs
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:20:56 GMT
On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 08:53:16PM -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> > The default config file already has ExecCGI turned off in the cgi-bin
> > directory, so I guess +x'ing the CGI programs should have no effect. I
> > think that's confusing, but it's already there.
>
> No, it is enabled with a ScriptAlias directive.

Blah, silly me. I could've sworn that an ExecCGI was required at some
point along with the ScriptAlias. *shrug*

Well, if everything in the cgi-bin directory that's executable gets
run, then I doubt there's a way to disable them that won't be more
confusing than chmod -x. Other than that, we could just not put any
CGI programs in the cgi-bin directory at all.