httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: ap_ac_config.h, os.h & ap_config_auto*.h
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:26:43 GMT
On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 10:00:32PM -0500, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> > Is there a problem with the solution I sent out last week?
>
> I wouldn't know, I didn't get that message.  :-)  At least, I don't
> remember getting it.

*shrug* I sent it out on the 21st, and it's in the archives.

> > All our regex functions should be ap_ wrapped, hence always exported
> > by Apache, so we won't need an AP_USE_HSREGEX in the first place.
>
> That doesn't fix the underlying problem.  There are macros that are
> generated by autoconf that we can't export, but which all modules need.

Yes it does. It fixes it by not requiring the inclusion of
ap_config.h in the first place.

My programmer's intuition tells me that if Apache has to export such
macros at all, then we're doing something wrong. APR is different,
because it has to provide OS-specific interfaces. Apache has no such
requirement. I'm fully open (and cautiously expecting) to being proven
wrong.

I'd like to export an API (giggle) to modules which is as system and
compile-option-independant as possible.