httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: 1.3.11 Test Tarball Ready
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:54:55 GMT
I think, as I mentioned before, is that what is 'most' is never
defined and varies from release to release, since modules could
be added from release to release. At the very least, ./configure --help
should display which ones are 'most' :/

Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> In article <> you wrote:
> > Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> >>Yes, I dislike this part.  IMHO, mmm should only be included
> >>with '=all' -- it's pretty close to experimental.  Well, not
> >>really -- but it can have a significant impact on the server,
> >>so I don't like it ever being enabled without the builder's
> >>explicit request and awareness for/of it.
> >
> > Sounds like the consensus is that m_m_m should not be part of the binary
> > generated by .  I will create a patch to remove m_m_m from the
> > --enable-module=most list;
> > that seems the most straightforward solution, in my inexperienced opinion.  An
> > option like --enable-module=almost-most seems silly, unless there's other
> > modules that should be removed from the binary distributions.
> > Suggestions/opinions?
> Hmmm... I suggest to add --disable-module=mod_mime_magic to
> instead of patching configure to exclude mod_mime_magic under
> --enable-module=most. Because the "most" originally stands for "all"
> except those modules which cannot be _built_ on all platforms. It
> wasn't intended to mean "all modules except those which might confuse
> people under run-time". Decide on your own, but please keep the INSTALL
> document in sync and document it more clearly what "most" then means.
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"

View raw message