httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: Crypto laws & binaries
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:31:34 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:48:39 +1100 (EST), Martin Pool wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Brian Havard wrote:
>
>> >We may be able to put it up on a well-connected machine in Australia if
>> >that would help you.
>>
>> That'd be helpful, though I'm not talking about a linux binary. I'm the OS/2
>> guy around here :)
>
>That need not be a problem; we support free software in general as well as
>Linux.

Ok, cool :)
Can you either grab it from
http://silk.apana.org.au/pub/apache/apache_1.3.11-ssl-os2.zip or tell me
where to upload?

>(Anyhow, how many downloads is an OS/2 binary going to get? ;-)

Hmmm, well, lets see. The regular binary gets a few:

[taz] 12:14am 01 > zcat 23.gz | grep apache_1.3.11-os2.zip | wc -l
     160

That's 160 downloads for the 23rd. Of course the demand for an SSL version
will be far less but you may be able to make a guess. I realize you were just
trying to take a cheap shot at OS/2 (smiley noted) but I like to respond to
FUD with facts :)