httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfredo Sanchez <wsanc...@apple.com>
Subject Re: How to build 2.0 with autoconf
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:42:46 GMT
| You gotta ask yourself: do you want to be compatible with NeXT or the
| rest of the world?

  We have a lot of customers with developer tools that we gave them
which expect the existing libtool to be there.  I don't know if
you've ever sold a mass market product, but perhaps you'll take my
word that this is not a minor issue.  We can't always rename our
software because the GNU Project decided to name something of their
in conflict with a pre-existing something of ours.

  That said, I do need to figure out a solution, though Ralf may be
right in that it may not be a problem.

	-Fred

--
       Wilfredo Sanchez, wsanchez@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc., Core Operating Systems / BSD