httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: ap_ac_config.h, os.h & ap_config_auto*.h
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2000 01:03:04 GMT
On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 02:06:18PM -0500, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> I've been argueing for this for about two months now.  Everytime it has
> come up that Apache was leaking macros.  When I finally come around to
> thinking that Apache may be okay without the AP_USE_HSREGEX type macros,
> thigns change.  I should learn to stick to my guns.  :-)

Keep sticking, because I have mine too.

All of the regex functions and structures exposed to modules should be
ap_ protected. We don't want the HS regex functions to collide with
the system's. In fact, I thought we were already doing this.

Since the functions are definitely being provided by Apache, there
should be no conditional #including necessary, hence no AP_USE_HSREGEX
necessary.

Now, there could be other reasons for exporting conditional macros to
the outside world (and the solutions I mentioned earlier are the best
ones, I think). But, since Apache should really be exporting a
completely platform and configuration-independant API, I am guessing
that this won't be necessary.