httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: ap_ac_config.h, os.h & ap_config_auto*.h
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:49:45 GMT
I may not be understanding this correctly... certainly there are
some things that APR "must" leak and Apache needs to be aware
of. A separate header file, maybe, that APR creates called
apr_leak.h perhaps? And they would be things like

	#define APR_USES_HSREGEX 1

things like that?

I'll go away now :)

rbb@apache.org wrote:

> > Almost sounds like we need a solution similar to APR (with its HAVE_FOO
> > and APR_HAVE_FOO). Have a header that defines AP_USE_HSREGEX separately
> > from the other autoconf values. Does that seem right?
>
> I've been argueing for this for about two months now.  Everytime it has
> come up that Apache was leaking macros.  When I finally come around to
> thinking that Apache may be okay without the AP_USE_HSREGEX type macros,
> thigns change.  I should learn to stick to my guns.  :-)
>
> I respectfully suggest that implementing AP_USE_HSREGEX should be done the
> same way that APR did it, because it makes things much easier to
> understand when porting the code.  Unfortunately, this will also break the
> always use #ifdef rule.
>
> Ryan
>

> Come to the first official Apache Software Foundation
> Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

> Ryan Bloom                        	rbb@ntrnet.net
> 2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
> Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
> 				     writer, but mostly, friend.

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"