httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: How to build 2.0 with autoconf
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:21:38 GMT

In article <200001202149.NAA10432@scv2.apple.com> you wrote:

> [...]
>   This libtool problem is something I need to figure out.  I've
> known for a long time than one day it would bite us, and Apache 2.0
> is going to be it.  I may still be able to rename our libtool, for
> example, though I'll probably get clobbered for it.

Sorry, I don't think that the existing libtool is a problem. Because
it's Apache's fault if it find this libtool. There is no great reason
why Apache can't always use it's own libtool. IMHO if done correctly,
it's no problem if another libtool exists in $PATH. Isn't it just a
left-over from the "use Automake" attempt of Apache 2.0 and already
obsolete?
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com