httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Building Apache 2.0
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:52:58 GMT
I agree... the whole idea behind APACI was to provide an interface
to people that resembled GNU's configure scripts and didn't
like nasty things like "editing files" (ie. Configuration).
With autoconf, we _have_ GNU configure and some configure interface
that then calls configure would be just way too stupid to even
consider.

To be honest, what I plan on doing for 2.0 is providing a Configure
interface which takes a Configuration type file and generates
the required command-line args to configure. :)

Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> In article <20000120130153.C5074@io.com> you wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 12:54:17PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> >>
> >> Some of the most recent changes to the build method for Apache 2.0 have
> >> broken the APACI configuration.  This means that you must use the new
> >> autoconf build method.
> >
> > If we're not planning to fix the APACI configuration, then we should
> > go ahead and eliminate it.
>
> Exactly. Either kick it out at all together with src/Configure or fix
> it, please. Anything else is too much confusion...
>
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
>                                        rse@engelschall.com

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"