httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: Test the baby...
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:19:13 GMT
Eli Marmor wrote:
> > Plus a NetWare specific httpd.conf file.
> We are beginning to loose control (not to mention the need to maintain
> specific httpd.conf for any platform). Can't we just add "IfDefine" to
> httpd.conf?  IMHO, even the win version should work this way, but this
> will need a new release. But in any case, before removing existing
> versions of httpd.conf by integrating them into the standard httpd.conf,
> we should avoid addition of NEW versions of httpd.conf.

That is all well and good, you know, better ideas on how to
implement things, but not a handful of days before we release
a new version. The fact is: (1) that the additions were
pure docs (2) that they should have been included beforehand
and (3) without them the Netware port would have been
"unusable" (in as far as no-one knowing how to use it).

If you want to bring this up after 1.3.11 is out, then that's a
good idea. If you want to mention it regarding 2.0, even better.
But no way are we futzing around with implementing something
new and different so close to a release.

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"

View raw message