httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_userdir.c
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2000 02:07:23 GMT
On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 01:43:24AM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> The better way to fix it is for Apache to provide an AP_HAVE_PWD_H macro
> depending on what autoconf finds.  This is all part of the autoconf not
> protecting their own macros problem.  This will be fixed in time, but how
> to do it is a real problem.  I am seriously considering doing what we did
> for APR, which is to create another header file for public namespace
> protected macros.

I don't think so.

Apache and its bundled modules all share a single configuration and
all use the same Apache autoconf include files. The only reason for
this is convenience.

Because Apache's bundled modules are developed along with Apache (so
we don't have to worry about namespace collisions), and because they
share the same configuration data, they should include ap_config.h

Modules that do their own configuration (such as PHP) don't need any
help from Apache, so they shouldn't include ap_config.h.

So to summarize: the easiest way to fix mod_userdir, or any other
module with similar problems, is to just include ap_config.h.