httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: Building 2.0?
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:14:47 GMT
On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 05:34:19PM -0600, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 02:15:38PM +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> >     You need to run
> >
> >     $ cvs update -dP
>
> In fact, this should be your default. Add:
>
> update -Pd
>
> to your ~/.cvsrc

    That's right, if you use only apache-x.x and similar
    repositories. One exception is where you have one repository
    with a set of hundreds of directories and you need only a
    subset of these for a specific CVS module. `cvs update -d'
    will cause all directories to be checked out which is not
    always the desired result. That's why I generally don't
    recommened to put "upd -dP" in the .cvsrc file.

--

          Regards,

                            Sascha Schumann
                                 Consultant