httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src acinclude.m4
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:03:49 GMT
On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 03:42:49PM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On 12 Jan 2000 sascha@hyperreal.org wrote:
>
> > sascha      00/01/12 12:41:59
> >
> >   Modified:    src      acinclude.m4
> >   Log:
> >   gcc on AIX takes -mthreads. I wonder what they smoked during creating
> >   all those wonderful flags.
>
> Is this just on AIX or do we need to deal with this everywhere?

    Good question. The answer is unfortunately hidden in the gcc
    source tree. If someone has a good contact to a gcc
    developer, he or she might ask the person how the gcc team
    has chosen the flags and why they did not simply choose one
    flag which could be supported on all platforms (which have
    POSIX threads).

--

          Regards,

                            Sascha Schumann