httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: 1.3.10 and AIX 4.2
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:42:32 GMT
On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 11:25:35AM -0500, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> This isn't needed.
>
> if [ "x$using_shlib" = "x1" ] ; then
>     DL_LIB=""
>     case $PLAT in
>         *-ibm-aix* )
>             DL_LIB="-lld"
>             ;;
>
> Is already in Configure around line 1996, and later on, we assign
> LIBS="$LIBS $DL_LIB" if DL_LIB isn't empty.

    Well, the problem is that using_shlib is empty on this
    system, thus the whole if-clause is skipped.

    Two points seem to exist where using_shlib could be possibly
    set. First, if mod_so is enabled. Second, if RULE_SHARED_CORE
    is enabled. Both are not enabled by default and therefore
    using_shlib is not set.

--

          Regards,

                            Sascha Schumann