httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_status.c
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:02:41 GMT
fanf@hyperreal.org wrote:

> fanf        00/01/12 07:55:04
>
>   Modified:    htdocs/manual/mod core.html
>                src      CHANGES
>                src/include ap_mmn.h scoreboard.h
>                src/main http_main.c
>                src/modules/standard mod_status.c
>   Log:
>   Revert the scoreboard change because Jim doesn't like it.

Ouch.

It's not that I don't "like it". It's that it's not the right
patch. The tests for vhost being NULL doesn't make sense
when we copy the string for example. I also think that making
all implementations have to "suffer" a function call and a
string copy to handle a limitation in mod_vhost_alias doesn't
make sense. Ideally, we should see if we are using mod_vhost_alias
(a global would do this) and then do the string copy only then.
mod_status would also be aware of that and would use the static
string only when needed (we could call the scoreboard slot
something like vhostalias_sname to make things clear).

Geez... Why the f*ck did I volunteer to be RM again. I must have been
outta my friggin mind. :)
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"