httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES Configure
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:26:12 GMT

In article <NDBBKAGGKAPKFAECGCAGCEBHCBAA.krw@raleigh.ibm.com> you wrote:
> | does it break?
> | >
> | > The actual error messages are:
> | >
> | >               -o httpd buildmark.o modules.o
> | > modules/standard/libstandard.a  main/libmain.a  ./os/unix/libos.a
> | > ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a lib/expat-lite/libexpat.a  -lm -lpthread
> | > /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
> | >    dir_module (data)
> | >    action_module (data)
> |
> | Fine, but this looks like a problem with libstandard.a's mod_xxxx.o and
> | not with any mod_xxxx.sl. I still do not see where SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME=sl
> | touches anything at the DSO build process. What you fix with removing
>
> It causes /src/modules/standard/Makefile to have the wrong OBJS= definition.
>
> | SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME=sl is just fixing a symptom. The real problem is not
> | that SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME=sl is broken or breaks anything. What is broken
> | is the stuff in code in src/Configure around line 1690 which bases
> | decisions on this variable. So, by backing out SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME=sl
> | you fix a symptom in module building and break actually SHARED_CORE.
> | Instead SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME=sl should remain and the code in src/Configure
> | corrected, so _both_ things work correctly.
> |
> | I've currently less time to look at the stuff in depth, but think the
> | Ifollowing patch fixes it:
>
> I have tested this fix and it does not correct the problem.
> The make process still sets OBJS=(*.so) for /src/modules/standard/Makefile:
> OBJS=mod_env.so mod_log_config.so mod_mime.so mod_negotiation.so
> mod_status.so m
> od_include.so mod_autoindex.so mod_dir.so mod_cgi.so mod_asis.so mod_imap.so
> mod
> _actions.so mod_userdir.so mod_alias.so mod_access.so mod_auth.so mod_so.o
> mod_s
> etenvif.so

Errr... are you _REALLY_ sure you tested it correctly? That is, have you
put SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME=sl again back in place and added my patch? I ask,
because if SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME=sl and my patch is present, there _CANNOT_
be *.so files in OBJS, because my patch prevents the addition of .so
files (look at the if clause in my patch).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com