httpd-dev mailing list archives

From p.@sweng.stortek.com
Subject Re: unable to configure without autoconf
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:24:42 GMT
In a recent note, Manoj Kasichainula said:

> Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:13:44 -0600
>
> Well, until the autoconf stuff becomes completely accepted, I've been
> making pains to keep the old APACI/Configure code working. If the
> group is ready to make the commitment to autoconf, then we can start
> reshuffling the autoconf scripts to more natural locations.

Looking at the various doc files for 2.0, I see apparent tracks of
a conflict in such files as "00README_FIRST_REALLY", but no
concrete instructions for using autoconf.

Can someone give me instructions for configuring Apache 2.0 using
autoconf, or, even better, create a README.autoconf in the source
tree with good instructions and no preaching.

Thanks,
gil
--
StorageTek