httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Two 1.3.10 items
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:07:45 GMT
These are both mentioned in STATUS, but they need to be addressed.

The first is a report that HPUX binary builds once again broken:

    * HPUX binary build failure due to the fact that it is building
      libstandard.a and adding .so objects to the libstandard.a starting
      with mod_vhost_alias.so.
       UPDATE: Keith Wannamaker reports that Ralf's patch to
       fix PR4974 has broken this again. Please see:
       <NDBBKAGGKAPKFAECGCAGIEJACAAA.krw@raleigh.ibm.com>

Could someone confirm whether this is broken or not? Randy, could
you take a look and see?

The 2nd is the mod_vhost_alias and mod_status issue (and the patch which
string copies the server-name stuff). There's been some discussion
about this.

As RM, my POV is, for issue #1, if no one confirms that it's broken,
I'll assume that it's not and let the release go ahead. For #2, there's
been no real support to change back. Unless someone steps up, I'm
leaning towards releasing as is, with maybe some doc changes that
say we know about this behavior.

A reminder that on the 11th, the tree will be closed.

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"