httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: apache2-ng7
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2000 22:48:50 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> But it's always unfair to speak as I would contribute just
> to promote my name, as Jim all the time says. Sorry, but this is just
> bullshit...

As is the statement that I say the above all the time. I do not
say that you contribute just to promote your name. Nor do I
say it all the time. It's easy to make me look like a bastard
when you distort what I say.

> Perhaps because people like Jim always speak as they would be the ASF
> theirself.

How can I speak for the ASF? I don't. That's like me saying that
you always speak as if for the ASF. Or Ken. Or Manoj. Or Ryan. Or
Dean. I think it's pretty clear that everyone speaks from their
own point of view and from their own perspective. Sure, it's an
opinion on "what is best for the ASF" but what of that? It's
because people care about ASF and care about it deeply. And people
don't want mistakes to be made. I express my views, sure. But I
also accept 100% what the group decides. Since the move to autoconf,
have I bitched and moaned about it? Nope.

Opinions are personal. Decisions aren't. I accept that. The problem
is that not everyone does.

ApacheCon cannot come soon enough. We all need to hit a bar and get
sh*tfaced. This is getting way too nasty to be fun.
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"