httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Apache 1.3 and Expat: hashtable.c: lookup()
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 16:45:53 GMT

I've today recognized that in Expat's hashtable.c functions are exported
which have neither the Expat prefix "xml"/"XML" nor our Apache prefix
"ap". Especially there is an exported lookup() which looks really too
generic to me and can cause conflicts for us in the future. I recommend
the RM to rename the function before releasing 1.3.10. Obviously to
hashTableLookup (this way it fits into the other Expat API functions
from hastable.c which begin with "hashTable") plus perhaps rename even
all "hashTable*" symbols to "XMLHashTable" to follow the rule of the
remaining Expat symbols.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com