httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: apache2-ng7
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 16:32:39 GMT

In article <200001061310.IAA14714@devsys.jaguNET.com> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> [...] Quite
> frankly, I'm a bit tired of you telling us how we should be doing Apache
> and then directing us to use solutions that have your name all over them.
> [...]
> It's been my opinion all along that Apache should have their own
> 'shtools' implementation. And we do with the scripts in helpers. Dropping
> those in favor of shtools just because you want us to doesn't make sense.

Have you ever read and tried to understand my points on maintainance and
bugfixes I tried to express in this thread? HHmmmm...

<personal>
But now we came close to the _real_ reason for you, Jim. It seems your
complains were never actually of technical nature nor of license nature:
all your problems and complains are based on just one single point - you
seem to generally dislike any software which has my name on. Thanks for
making it clear, Jim. I don't know why this is the case for you and what
I've done for this (you can explain it to me in _private_ mail if you
want), but at least this way I know that I don't have to discuss this
topic any longer _here_ (because with such a base opinion on your side
its clear why we all the time will talk into different directions and
never meet).
</personal>
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com