httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: apache2-ng7
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 21:09:50 GMT
On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 03:00:09PM +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
>     As mentioned earlier, I have started to work on improving the
>     current automake-based build environment.

I've just downloaded it, and it looks nice, though I haven't tried any
of it yet.

I really, really (really) hate to bring up licensing stuff; I don't
care that much anyway. But this uses shtool, which is GPL. I don't
know, and Ralf should correct me if I'm wrong, but if there were
changes made by people besides Ralf, then shtool can't be relicensed
Apache-style, and his interpretation on the viral effects of adding
GPLed code may not be the only one that matters.

I will do my penance now, if I can find some broccoli to eat.