httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: sendfile fun
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:06:29 GMT

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>
> > The storage allocated out of sock->cntxt will not be freed until the
socket
> > is freed, which is non deterministic in the general case. Thus, it could
> > give the appearance of leaking memory on persistent connections.
>
> Is this really a problem?
In general, yes. In practice with Apache, I don't think so because Apache
does not send large headers or trailers. This could change in the future. If
we ever start sending 'large' headers or trailers (i.e., something other
than HTTP protocol), then the potential for a problem increases, depending
on how much header/trailer data is sent and the settings of
MaxKeepAliveRequests and KeepAliveTimeout.

Bill