httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Hugo Ramos" <ra...@pop3r.com>
Subject Re: documentation translation to portuguese
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2000 06:31:55 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Kraemer" <Martin.Kraemer@mch.sni.de>
To: <new-httpd@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2000 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: documentation translation to portuguese

> Go ahead, and post it to this list. I am open to putting in your
translation
> in place of the current one (or rather: in addition to the current one.
> If indeed the current portuguese page is brazilian, then perfect: we have
> one more language to offer!)  The problem with multi-language entry pages
> in the past has been the fact that not very many people have offered to
> contribute.  :-(

Well.. I'm offering my contribution and here is the first page.
This page should replace the current index.html.pt
I hope to be very helpful about this. Portuguese admins will apreciate it
for sure.

> Perfect! The only problem with this is that 2.0 functionality changes
> rather quickly, and (unless you are prepared to update the pages now and
> then) they may be outdated quickly. On the 1.3 line, changes occur much
> slower/more conservatively.

I'm prepared to update the documentation pages everytime there's a need for
that!
In fact I'm starting the translation on the 1.3.11 documentation right
now!!!
I would like you to send me the 2.0 documentation as fast as you write them
in english because i don't want to be the reason for any kind of delay in a
public launch of that distribution.  :-)

Thanks Martin. You were the only one answering me when I first offered my
contribution. ;-)

Hugo Ramos - ramos@pop3r.com
http://hugo.pop3r.com
ICQ - 11439829