httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Ford <and...@icarus.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: reworking of cronolog as mod_cronolog (or folding into mod_log_config)
Date Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:42:26 GMT
Martin.Kraemer@Mch.SNI.De (Martin Kraemer) writes:

> On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 09:55:38PM +0000, Andrew Ford wrote:
> > I have offered cronolog to the Apache project before and the offer
> > still stands, [...]
>
> You've got three +1's!
> >
> > What do people think of the idea (and that of the cronolog program being
> > taken into the corpus of contributed software).  Currently cronolog is
> > covered by either the GPL or Artistic license, but I would be happy to
> > assign copyright to the Apache Group and have it covered by the Apache
> > license.
>
> Please do so, and I'll be happy to commit it (at least if it doesn't
> contain any other GPL'ed code). Thanks for your offer!

I'll replace the GPL and Artistic licenses with the Apache license
(tomorrow) and put up a 1.6.1 version of cronolog on

	http://www.ford-mason.co.uk/resources/cronolog/

You can then download it from there and commit it.

The only patches I've had for cronolog have literally affected only
one or two lines, so I believe the current ownership of the code rests
firmly with Ford & Mason Ltd, and we can legitimately donate it to the
Apache Software Foundation.  There are copies of getopt and strptime
from the GNU C library in the lib subdirectory for systems without
these functions, but that directory could be removed from the
distribution.

Regards
Andrew
--
Andrew Ford,  Director       Ford & Mason Ltd           +44 1531 829900 (tel)
A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk      South Wing, Compton House  +44 1531 829901 (fax)