httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Solution for pthreads configure problem.
Date Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:51:43 GMT
On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Okay, I see where I went wrong.  Instead of checking for libpthread first,
> we'll check for -pthread first, and then look for libpthread.  Basically,
> it looks like this:
>
> if (threading library specified as pth)
>   setup variables Ralf has specified.
> else (assume pthreads) {
>   if (-pthread works)
>     specify -pthread in LD_FLAGS
>   else (if libpthread is available)
>     specify -lpthread in LIBS
>   else (no pthreads)
>     force the prefork MPM
> }

I think you want -pthread in CFLAGS so the compilation works (e.g. the
-D_REENTRANT is inserted). It probably would go into the LD_FLAGS
variable, too.

Just raising the possibility: I don't actually know :-(

But: good work! Getting the threading stuff nailed is one of the hardest
things, I think :-) Damn platforms are so inconsistent...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/