httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Solution for pthreads configure problem.
Date Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:08:10 GMT

I am floating a possible solution here.

I am in the middle of fixing the APR configure program.  APR's configure
will compile cleanly if given the option --disable-threads or
--enable-threads=no.  This will mean that all threading functions will be
removed from the binaries.

Once this work is done, the Apache configure script will require some
work, which I will then undertake.

1)  if using the prefork MPM, we should disable threads in APR.  I am not
sure of the best way to do this, but I am working on it.

2)  If not using the prefork MPM, then we need to detect the pthreads
flags correctly.  I suggest we do not use the -pthread option for cc.  I
am afraid this is a gcc option, and it isn't the correct solution.  I
think we need to specify -lpthread for the LIBS iff we are using a
threaded MPM.  We can define the other macros at the same time.  I will be
working on this problem until it is solved correctly.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd
RTP, NC 27709