httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src Configure
Date Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:53:03 GMT

> BTW, will non-system thread libraries like Pth even work with 2.0
> right now?  I'm mostly worried about APR, because I don't know if
> anyone has had the time to implement that yet.
>
> The autoconf setup in Apache has the same problem. PHP4 seems to let
> you choose pthreads, Pth, or whatever. I guess it wouldn't be hard to
> make the pthread-checking macro also support --with-pth.

The proper solution, is to add a Pth library for APR.  APR has been setup
to allow for building with a different threading library.  Nobody has
implemented the APR layer for a threading library other than pthreads, so
APR's configure only recognizes --enable-threads=pthread or
--disable-threads.  If we ever get around to putting Pth into APR, we'll
also support --enable-threads=pth.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd