httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_include.c mod_log_config.c mod_negotiation.c
Date Tue, 21 Dec 1999 21:17:32 GMT
On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
> > I thought you had said that the "proper procedure" was to just include
> > "apr.h", but here you include several different headers.
> >
> > What is "proper"?
>
> Never said we should just be including apr.h.  apr.h doesn't include ANY
> other header files, it just gives us access to all of the APR feature
> macros that are namespace protected.

Oh. I think I got messed up in my thinking then. Heh. I know you said APR
clients shouldn't use "apr_config.h", but I mis-remembered you saying they
should only use "apr.h".

All righty. Programming pattern locked in and ready to use. :-)

> As far as including one header file goes, inside of APR it was decided to
> include the os specific header file, and let that header file include all
> of the system specific stuff.  This kept us from doing the following:

Makes total sense.

> I would really like to stress that APR and Apache are two DIFFERENT
> projects in my mind.  What I do for one project doesn't always make sense
> for the other project.

Agreed... I understand that part. Personally, I'd like to see some of
those decisions come out in the same way (e.g. #if vs #ifdef), but hey...
I'm not coding it, so I have no legs to stand on! :-)

Happy Holidays,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/