httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:35:44 GMT
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> My desire was to get 1.3.10 out soon. If we include the EAPI and IPv6
> patches, then that will NOT be the case. And saying we'll just
> have EAPI disabled by default just doesn't fly. We want to release
> something that works and is stable, and including something "at
> the last minute" that may or may not work reliably on all platforms
> and we have disabled by default just does NOT seem right. And
> it _isn't_ right. If we include EAPI, we treat it as any other
> large patch, and that means making sure it works. We can't get
> out of this responsibility by being willy-nilly about it.

I strongly agree.

> I propose that 1.3.10 be released without EAPI and IPv6. The first
> patches to 1.3.11-dev be these 2 patches (EAPI is _enabled_). After
> a adequate beta period, we release 1.3.11. I don't think we should
> hold off on 1.3.10.

+1 on releasing without EAPI and IPv6.

-0 on ever including them in the 1.3 series. If people want these new
features, then they can go to the 2.0 series. I don't see a reason to
continue adding stuff into 1.3, especially now that we have 2.0
development going. Put the effort and new features into 2.0 and get that
solid, rather than putting them in 1.3 and re-solidifying it.


Greg Stein,

View raw message