httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: 1.3.10
Date Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:39:32 GMT
On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I think that we should consider some things we've resisted in the
> past if, as so many think, that the US crypto law will "change"
> this week. 1.3.10 should definately include whatever "improvements"
> might now make sense as well as are feasible :)

The laws did not change this week. news.com says it'll be January.

I think we ought to start adding stuff in this direction, but we should
definitely wait until *after* the laws have changed and are quite clear.

There are definitely some things we can incorporate today, but I still
think they ought to go into 2.0. If a person wants a new feature, then
they can upgrade (as Manoj points out, they'd be upgrading anyhow).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/